One-the-Fly Catalog Management
Both Apple's AppStore and Google's Play store allow mobile developers to create In-App purchase products through their web consoles. Typically these purchasable products will be created with names, types, and prices. SDKBOX LiveOps allows you to decide on-the-fly which of these products should be sold in your app.
For example, let's say you have a product called "Chest of Coins" in the app which is selling for $3.99. For the coming holiday, you wan to promote it on sale for $0.99. We will use SDKBOX In-App Purchase sample project to show you how to do that without releasing a new build.
- Clone the SDKBOX In-App Purchase sample project
- Notice in the xcode console, there are debug logs showing all the IAP products initialized when app starts. The one called
Chest of Coinshas a price tag $3.99. We will change it next.
- Open AppDelegate.cpp, you can find the paragraph about
sdkbox::init("***", "***"). Those enable the sample app to use a remote configuration. It's currently referenced to our samples.
- Got to sdkbox.com, create a application, and upload the
sdkbox_config.jsonfrom this sample. Remember to publish the config Live.
- Overwrite the token and secret in the AppDelegate.cpp the yours which were generated with the new application on sdkbox.com
- Learn more about Remote Configuration Management
- Now you are ready to test the catalog management
- Got to sdkbox.com -> My Applications -> App -> iOS config -> iOS IAP plugin. You should see the following products which were uploaded from the sample sdkbox_config.json:
- The item with key name
coin_packageis mapped to product with id
com.cocos2dx.plugintest2, which is setup as price tier 4 ($3.99).
- Click on Edit of this item, and change the product id to
com.cocos2dx.sale.1. Now you should see this: .
- Save and publish the new config to the cloud.
- Now, restart the test app. You should see the sale item is initialized in the log. Purchase "coin_package" will promote for only $0.99!